28 September, 2005

This just in: your footwear sucks

The odd fashion decision to wear socks underneath of one's sandals has me unnerved. On the way to class this morning, my roommate Drew and I saw three fine examples, leaving me confused and wishing I had a camera to capture the moment.

It seems relatively confined, however, to the same set of people who wear oversized shorts, flat brimmed hats and fancy themselves good at basketball or football. Generally they can be seen wearing the aforementioned style of shorts, with some manner of athletic tube sock pulled up to the knee and rubber sandals flopping around. It seems silly (not to mention impractical) to me, but to each his own I suppose. Hopefully, pictures will be forthcoming sometime.

Hitting random on itunes affords one of two things: the most pleasant and surprising listening experience, or a horribly bout of clicking 'next' incessantly. I am currently in the middle of the former, having heard '8675309 Jenny' by Tommy Tutone twice in three songs. No joke.

In this section I would like to establish a little forum for relating some funny overheard statements. These are, mind you, taken completely out of context, but were none the less hilarious at the time.

-Man walking on his way to class on the phone with an unknown party-
"I was drunk... No, nobody at home knows...People here know because they were sleeping over...No, we just wanted to get it, you know?
No, I don't know, but I'd love to. Could he be talking about how he got sick? How he snuck a drag off someone's cigarette? That he and a friend experimented and he's contemplating taking up a lisp?

-Woman walking out of the building talking to her friend as I was entering-
"I don't know what the answer was, but he was looking for the word lobster."
I just want to sit in on that class. Sounds cool. Or the woman happens to be a moron. Actually, she's probably a moron.

Also, since I began writing this post, I have checked my gmail 4 times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. socks with sandals = a ridiculous combo.
2. Context sucks.
-Jelone

9:54 PM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're suggesting that there is a sect of people who believe this is a comfortable, albeit unstylish look ... and not that this is something catching on campus.

Shudder.
denise

10:23 PM, September 28, 2005  
Blogger GonzoMC said...

Hey buddy, glad to see you join the blogger crew. Now I have 3 of 4 peeps from the 5436 Uber crew to keep up with. (You also have your own group on my buddy list; scary, no?) Has Taylor succumbed to the craze yet? Well, anyway, you and Drew S. are officially getting some link love from me.

I was inspired by your deft html work to modify my own 'posted by' line and 'comments' text. It took me a bit to figure it out, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Btw, I prefer pop-up commenting, but that's just my thing.

Also, I think I'll take another lesson from you and your cronies and start writing shorter posts, with multiple topics. Not only is this more post-modern, but will possibly bump up the desirability of reading my posts. Thanks, suckas!

12:38 AM, September 29, 2005  
Blogger Drew said...

McGrath is gay. Also, can I use one of those snippets for the "overheard" column next week? Holler at the room next to yours.

2:05 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home