01 December, 2005

KYW has a catchy jingle; trite reporting

I was listening to KYW News Radio 1060 this afternoon on the way home from an interview (more on that later) and heard something I found extremely amusing. There was a news story about how SEPTA and the city are celebrating the memory of Rosa Parks with a seat reserved behind the driver on a bus on the 17 line.

The bus was apparently parked in front of a local elementary school this morning for its unveiling, and as per usual, KYW had sound clips of the students reacting to the bus and its purpose. One young boy said a lot of predictable stuff about how much it means and how great it is, but then he said "Rosa Parks is the greatest living example of the struggle for freedom." Which I found amusing mainly because she's dead, thus the reason for memorializing her. I can't believe whoever put that package together left that in there.

Not much going on this weekend, thankfully.

This picture is for Adam, who inspires me:
And this picture is for sick people:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Items like Adam's blog post and your "hilarious" cartoon are what make some feminists feign hate for men.

I tried hating men, once, but then I realized I like sex far too much not to be able to repress that hatred for at least 5 or 10 minutes at a time.

-d

10:26 PM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger Drew said...

Just to add to that, men are smarter than women

3:59 AM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

no offense denise.

3:22 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger GonzoMC said...

Lou, mad props on the (hilarious) toon and thanks for the nod. Denise, you'll need to suppress your hatred of men for at least 12 minutes for me. Make sure you all read my response on D's blog if you haven't done so already.

7:03 PM, December 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Adam, You can't handle this.

Who else thinks he's a punk? I'm looking at you, face of spades. >:o

8:20 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

yer goin down.

1:17 PM, December 07, 2005  
Blogger GonzoMC said...

on me, hopefully.

10:25 PM, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home