26 January, 2006

Been a long time girl / I shouldn'tave left you / Without a dope beat to step to

I had been in the habit of updating on a fairly regular basis, but Windows, in collaboration with my computer, decided that it would be more fun to blue screen on me and not work for a few days. Gerard came and got it running for a few hours, but it crashed again.

I went and purchased an external hard drive, and after a few hours of work got the files off of my computer. Now it seems to be running fairly well, save for not letting me install a virus protection program. I think I may just re-format the C:\ drive this weekend and start again, now that I have all my stuff from the computer.

Anyhow, classes have started again, and this semester is going to be really easy. I have three of my classes only once a week, which leaves huge amounts of free time in between to do whatever I wish, including a 20-inning marathon game against the Philies in MVP this evening, which I won 5-3.

I enjoy Bill Simmons because even when writing about sports, he references everything up to and including Teen Wolf. Genius.

The administration, or student life office, at Yale seems a little behind the times. I guess smart kids don't wash after taking a dump.

CP article on Bill Murphy's. Turned out well, I think. Review of a book written by a freelance journalist turned San Francisco pimp forthcoming.

Speaking of bars and writing about them, I'm thinking of going to Destroy Your Liver this week for a CP piece and taking a few pictures. Seems like a crazy hipster fest to me. I've been to the Khyber only once and it was for a play upstairs, not an all you can drink event, which I would imagine is ridiculous.

I'm supposed to take pictures and get funny quotes from people coming out of the bar, which means I would have to go down there at like midnight ant take pictures of the drunks as they roll out.

On the back of their promo cards they say "Best/Worst Idea Ever" and I couldn't agree more.

The Sox traded away Andy Marte and Kelly Shoppach, as well as Mota and some others to be named, for Coco Crisp, who has perhaps one of the best names in baseball. I'm not too big a fan of this deal, since I don't think getting rid of Marte and Shoppach is the best of ideas. I was a proponent of the 'Adam Stern in Center' idea, although he's no leadoff hitter. Kind of irrelevant now. Crisp is a good all around player, though, so this season is looking better for the Sox. Glad Trot's still there, though, that's for sure.

Found someone who has a lot of Tom Waits on Soulseek, which just made my night. I need more gravely vocals in my life.

This one is for Jim, one of the only people I know who appreciates numbers.

4 Comments:

Blogger GonzoMC said...

Glad your computer's back in working order...i've been posting again after my motivation crash. Be notified that I might pester you about some blogger-html stuff sometime this coming week.

4:03 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger James said...

The pi thing is pretty amazing. I do love numbers, numbers and booze... my two pasttimes.

6:16 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger GonzoMC said...

oh yeah, i also wanted to ask you what kind of external hard drive you got and how you like it...i'm gonna be ordering one in the next day or two...

7:01 PM, January 28, 2006  
Blogger Face of Spades said...

Exactly why I can't hate Bill Simmons despite our clashing sports biases.

9:13 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home