06 February, 2006

Pure Schlock

Okay so I may or may not have forgotten about writing in here. I also have been busy, but as my roommates have found the time to update, I suppose I can do the same.

I'm going to Ireland on Thursday for 10 days over spring break. Today was the day that I finally got all my stuff together, including a late passport and some final forms to fill out. I tried to go to the big Wachovia downtown to convert some money to Euros, but they directed me to a small place on 15th and JFK, so I decided to take Gerards advice and rely on my ATM card while there. I'll hit an ATM at the airport in Shannon when we land.

While there I'm going to several places, including Bunratty, Aran Island, Killarney, Cork, Galway, Limerick and others. Staying around the Southwest area, as Northern Ireland is a little less than friendly. Something about bombs and religion.

I've never been out of the country before, and I am somewhat glad to be going to a country in which English is widely spoken.

I'm taking some long books on the plane, and some earplugs. I hear Sandiford snores.

I'm looking forward to not checking my e-mail or voicemail; I am also going to go through gmail withdraw. If anyone still lives in the dark ages (read: you don't have gmail) and want to get on board, leave your e-mail and you'll get an invite.

Drew did his best Linda Blair impression on Monday night, except he was possessed by Old Grandad and Jaeger. Ahh birthdays...

Sam started a fantasy baseball league, and through some heavy twisting of my arm (okay he just asked) I'm on board. Team name? Baron Von Seydow.

To anyone who has played more than a season in MVP, this article will read like past tense.

New comic at Debate Klub. Good stuff. They've been posting every Sunday, and I enjoy it immensely.

Good article on J.J. Reddick by someone who hates Duke.

Maybe I'll try to update again with something of worth before leaving for Ireland. Hopefully. More than likely it'll read as pure schlock, though. Apologies.

4 Comments:

Blogger d said...

dia duit, lou.

you'll love ireland. hopefully bunratty isn't the night before the plane home for you guys ... and proceed with care if you're drunk and trying to climb castle staircases ... the steps are a bit too narrow for fumbly senses.

oh, and make out with buckley for me. he's the hottest irishman ever.

10:03 PM, February 24, 2006  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

Enjoy your trip abroad, sir. I forgot you were leaving. Haven't been to Ireland yet, but I will someday. I've had enough stamped on my passport so I'm not sweating it really.

Also, I am on Seydow withdrawl like whoa. Fucking Mono. I shouldn't have made out with no one for the past year.

8:54 PM, February 26, 2006  
Blogger James said...

You know, its sad when you're watching a Spring Training game and the pitcher is throwing as usual and all, but you're very upset. You're pissed because you want to know if the pitch was in a hot zone or not, if it was a slider or a curve, and what the pitch speed was. Every fucking pitch. Damn you MVP for poisoning my life.

8:49 PM, March 04, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Okay, come home now. I miss talking to you. For real!

11:26 PM, March 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home