03 April, 2006

Anna Nicole Benson

Best baseball article ever. DJ Gallo, you are most certainly a genius.

Anna Benson is an idiot, and a golddigger. Check out her website. if you don't believe me. Hell check it out anyway, it's hilarious. Make sure you have the sound on. Kris Benson is going to slump this year for the Orioles, it's almost a guarantee. Since their divorce, the team has nothing to look forward too (i.e. Kris cheating on her and the whole team getting laid), and he's going to be pretty depressed. Or happy that he's rid of that psycho, who knows. Funny article about his tenure with the Mets here.

Speaking of the Orioles, can their season just be scratched now so Leo Mazonne can have the whole year to work with the pitchers without them getting all depressed about losing almost every game? Because that's going to happen.

Opening day has been uneventful so far. Schilling pitched 7 solid innings. Pappelbon looked nasty. Ho Hum... The Orioles won. Surprise!

I'm still slogging through the semester, but the weather is turning so it's not so bad. Oil painting is a pretty interesting class. We had to paint a nude model for the past two weeks. Drew and I got pretty clutch seating. Here is my final painting. You'll see what I mean.

To the right you will see my unfinished still life, which I don't really have any feelings about either way. Anyhow, there are worse ways of spending a Thursday afternoon than painting. I could be in Bill Wine's class.

Speaking of painting, here are some great ones I saw while I was in Ireland. They're kind of large in real life, and kind of creepy.

If you are a big nerd, spend a good deal of time online, and feel that you are fairly computer savvy, then you should check out this website. It's a pretty complex online 'game' that I play on occasion. I've gotten to level 10 or so. Apparently, there are over 100 levels. Shit's complex.

My men's bracket tanked early, but my women's bracket is a-okay. I have MD and Duke in the final with MD winning. The only team I didn't have in the final four was UNC. I wish I had money riding on that one. Damn.

Don't care if they're nerds, I still hate Duke. Reddick shouldn't have won the Naismith for the simple reason that he's a huge baby.

I really want these glasses. Or these. And no, it's not just because they're the ones Buddy Holly and Elvis Costello wore. Okay maybe it is. Shut it.

1 Comments:

Blogger GonzoMC said...

Lou, that's awesome and crazy that you saw Le Brocquy's head portraits in Ireland! I'm so jealous. As it was, back in my junior year, I decided to do one of those Independent Research projects, on something I really wouldn't have studied normally. So I ended up writing about the concept of home in Irish Art and Poetry. My paper was on Seamus Heaney and Louis Le Brocquy! I'm sure it reads terribly now, but hey, it did help me get into grad school. I worked with Siobhan Conaty, who you may know, and who's awesome. Anyway, if you happen to have the desire, I believe the paper is on file in Connelly Library's special collections. Just look me up and ask the director to see it. Not the definitive source on Le Brocquy, of course, but maybe you'll get a kick out of it. Let me know. Irish Art and Authorship

4:43 PM, April 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home