06 April, 2006

Clothes Line Saga

Since the weather is nice again, and the breeze is more refreshing than anything else, it makes me wish that we had clotheslines running across the alley, a-la the classic pictures of New York tenement housing. I would love to do the laundry and then hang up my sheets, long johns and socks on the line to dry in the wind. Actually, that seems like a good deal of effort. I guess I like the dryer in the basement after all.

The new Flaming Lips album is not bad. It's not amazing, or epic or anything, either. It just is. Maybe I should give it a thorough listen instead of just having it on while I'm doing work. They always remind me of Moby, in a way. The end of 'The Stars Are So Big, I Am So Small, Do I Stand a Chance?' is straight from Nick Drake. It's a pretty decent album, I supopse. Kind of innocuous, but decent none the less.

Tonight Drew, Drew, Gwen and I played Quizzo in Backstage. Also on our team: Seydow and Joe Simon from IT. We cleaned up, winning with a total of 62 out of a possible 80 points. Perhaps the best moment of the night was Stephan answering a bit of trivia for which I have been mocking him for about 3 and a half years. Who would have thought that him knowing that Bill Paxton was killed by the Terminator, Alien and the Predator would have ever come in handy? But still, $15 to spend at Best Buy for an evening of free pizza and such is pretty damn sweet.

This week is finally coming to a close. I've finished my work, it's mostly been on time. Tomorrow is the Collegian informal at the Dark Horse Pub down in center city, which should be pretty fun. Saturday is the real Collegian formal, somewhere in the depths of South Philly. Again, food and drinks for only $15, not a bad deal.

I just realized this evening that Easter is next weekend, and therefore we have Friday and Monday off from class.

On an unrelated note, I don't like the 'Papelbon as closer' idea that's been going around lately. He's been touted as 'The next Clemens,' and if not that, then at least a quality starter in the very near future. So why send him to the rear of the 'pen? Last I checked they still had Timlin, and he didn't do too badly last season... If Schilling struggle late (or early) in the season, let Papelbon start for him and let him close it out. There's some options there, but I think Dirt Dogs has it wrong (for once ever). I just found a great blog that has a bit to say about baseball, so check it out for more on Papelbon as closer and other Sox stuff. This one isn't too bad either.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

you need to update.
and it's bad when i say that

so do it, and make it not about baseball :)

9:05 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home