04 October, 2006

The internet is really really great...

I wait for Tuesday afternoons all week during football season, simply to read Gregg Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback Column. His little tidbit musings are really great for a here-and-there read while you're trying to get other things done, and his column is long enough to spend a good chunk of time reading. Seriously, read his column this week. If not the whole thing, scroll down to the fake T.O. headlines. They're the ones next to the picture of the alien. I really do agree with much of what Easterbrook says, especially when he asserts that coaches should never punt on 4th and short yardage (1-4) outside of field goal range, unless backed up.

I love that the Sports Gal has a better record than Simmons, and she doesn't follow football. I should ask Gwen if she wants to make Drew's picks from now on, since he always tells me how poorly he's doing.

As well, I've discovered the wonder that is RSS and Atom feeds, which I constantly scroll in my gmail account. I add new feeds to watch all the time, I must have hundreds by now, so It's like a constant news updater. Kind of sweet if you get bored and are looking for something to do in your idle time.

So, Verizon sucks, it's official. I've been trying to get internet for like three weeks now to no avail. Yesterday I find out they don't even have the phone line running in to the house hooked up, so it's not really possible to set up DSL. I need to get into the basement so the servicemen (with whom I have to now make a second appointment) can hook it up, but can't get in touch with the landlord to do so. It's so frustrating, because I really want to be able to do all of this during the day, like tell the servicemen to come over and talk to my landlord and get this all straightened out, but I can't since I'm kind of at work during the day. I could have had Comcast by now. I called them last night to see if they'd match Verizon's DSL price, and they won't, not at all. Comcast is a full $12 a month more than Verizon, so I guess it's worth the hassle.

Anyone who's into hardcore should check out the new album from One Dead Three Wounded. It's called Moving Units, and it's freaking awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

Yes! Lou is back!

What nights are you available? I wanna catch up and shoot the shit over some brews with you sometime soon and inform you of my whirlwind work life using my Comm degree to its fullest by leasing apartments.

12:46 PM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home