25 October, 2006

Putting my faith in ABC

Lost had better be good tonight, what with last week's awful show. Apologies to those who enjoyed it, but I nearly fell asleep.

From the previews, it promises to be a decent show with at least some action that doesn't come from a Polar Bear. Seriously, I'm with the producers, and there isn't much that I won't go along with, but a Polar Bear on a tropical island is a bit much for me, especially since they are aquatic animals, not cave dwellers.

I'm assuming it's an albino bear or something. Maybe I missed something in the first couple episodes or something, but I feel a bit 'lost' (cue Danny the Deer/Jim the Moose) in why there is a bear on the island in the first place.

The new season of 24 looks really violent. Going along with that, I am really excited for the next season of 24. I wish Jack would go with the whole un-kept Allman Brother look, but I already know from the preview that he doesn't. Oh well. Jack Bauer is the business.

I'm curious to see how the whole "Jack is going to die by sacrificing himself for his country" angle pans out. I mean, he can't literally die (I hope) because that would, in theory, mean there would be no subsequent seasons. I know he "died" in the end of season 4, but that wasn't real and everyone knew it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

24 can only be good post-Bauer if the follwing actors fill his role (in order of what I would like to see):
1. Patrick Swayze
2. C. Thomas Howell
3. John C. McGinley
4. Ralph Machio

I also want to petition for Rutger Hauer to reprise his role as Roy Batty from Blade Runner on a season of 24 set in the future and Jack Bauer is played by Donald Sutherland.

3:15 PM, October 27, 2006  
Blogger Lily Graypure said...

Are you kidding me? I loved last week's episode. It was totally worth it, to see Jack choking up when he found out the Red Sox won the World Series. Gave me shivers, for real--oh, I'm sorry, you can't POSSIBLY be a Yankees fan.

11:10 PM, October 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOST IS LIKE, TOTALLY STARTING TO SUCK. ITS LIKE, HELLOOOOO, WHEN ARE WE GONNA GET SOME ANSWERS??? POLAR BEARS, NUCLUEAIR EXPLOSIONS, WALKING DEAD PEOPLE, I MEAN HELLOOOO, EARTH TO LOST PRODUCERS, IS ANYBODY THERE? (MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN)

1:42 PM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home