06 November, 2006

Tejas Style...

Senator Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) is pissed that Bill Frist (R-Tenn.)
"ate the last fucking Motz stick on Capitol Hill."
Now what the hell is the Senator supposed to eat
for lunch? Damn Frist...


Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. While I don't maintain any sort of distinct, clear cut political opinion (I'm pretty much a very moderate Republican), I still think that the ideas in this editorial from the Nov. 5 New York Times hit things just about perfectly on the head.

Who knows, I may even go vote tomorrow if I can get to the polling place in the Manor at Ogontz & Olney in time, since I forgot to re-register with my current address. I'm an idiot. I love that after only a few weeks into his term, grizzled old Bob Kerrey, then Senator from Nebraska, was quoted as saying "Santorum, that's Latin for asshole." He may be old, but he's still sharp, that Kerrey.

I may not know too much about politics, but I know that Rick Santorum is a vicious asshole, bigot, homophobe, racist and one of my all around favorite characters in the Senate. I love the fact that he's such a loose cannon, because it always makes for a good laugh when he speaks "with authority" on anything.

I love reading sports prediction columns again after the game has already happened. I read Bill Simmons' column this morning, and his ire at the Colts seems more like a kid banging his fists against the wall than someone bring up salient points. I suppose that's the problem with sports columns, in that they're so transitory.

Seriously though, more one-hit wonder songs. Go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home