28 November, 2006

The weekend is looking up

The Ravens are on Thursday night football this week. That's awesome, but not really the point of this post. This Friday, Dec. 1, is going to be great (here's hoping). I'm working my hours at Penn this week so I can have Friday off. Not that I don't do that usually, but this week I need to get up before noon. I found out that The Slip is playing a free show at the Electric Factory at noon for WXPN. I RSVP'd on the stations website, and I plan to getting there real early to make damn sure I get in. Then later that night, I am going to see them play AGAIN at the Electric Factory, opening up for My Morning Jacket. Not that I like MMJ, but still.

That's right, I'm seeing The Slip twice in one day. If all goes well I'm going to record both shows. Apparently the afternoon session (slated for 45 minutes) is going to be up on npr and the WXPN site. My digital recorder does surprisingly well in live music situations, so if it turns out well I'll put it up somewhere online.

If anyone wants to go with me to the afternoon show, let me know. I think you still have to RSVP or risk not getting in, though.

I think I'll head to Bel Air on Sunday, just for the day. I want to pick up a few things, notably some camping accessories and the little space heater for the bedroom.

Sidenote, is anyone else shocked that Dallas released Mike Vandermahoven? Bill Parcells is out of his mind. He's also gotten a lot fatter this year. Seriously though, I know the guy is 36, but come on, you signed him for a ton of money. He's having the worst year of his career, which is surely still better than Martin Grammatica. No seriously.

"It was an upbeat meeting," said NY Giants center Shaun O'Hara about a Monday players-only meeting. "It was a good meeting. It was just what we needed."

I'm assuming that when he said upbeat, he meant that the team took turns beating the defensive line with a sack of oranges.

10 Comments:

Blogger Drew said...

Who the shit is The Slip?

1:08 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Lou said...

Jam-ish band from Boston. I listened to them all the time last year, but you probably couldn't hear it over the TV theme songs blasting from your room at all hours. I kid.

Their website is here.

1:13 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Steve said...

Yo, do you want to post for our football blog? I'll add you on if you're interested.

2:04 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Drew said...

TSFL

TailSpin For Life

3:05 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Lou said...

What?

3:10 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Sara said...

Vandermahoven sounds like a last name you make up on the spur of the moment to cover some sort of lie. "Who was I kissing? Oh, it was uh... Van... derma... hoven?"

12:27 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Gwen said...

Skip Vanderhooven!

2:03 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Drew said...

You're absolutely right - I'm definitely looking for flashpan fame. And I got it!

And come on, you act as if it's some big secret that you love puns. It's okay buddy, some people drink too much, some people gamble - you love puns. We all have our vices.

9:32 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger j. leo said...

Dallas needed a kicker that would likely injure himself celebrating to take away attention from TO.

.. oh wait .... was that his brother? DAMMIT!


Now I don't have a theory anymore.

Jam band?Tell me more...

2:47 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

You don't like My Morning Jacket?! Ouch.

Well, their live show is pretty sweet.

Wish I was going... jealous...

4:42 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home