10 December, 2006

Damn cat. He's sleeping how and is too precious to chastise

I was sitting on the couch this evening and Walter (the new kitten) jumped on to the table and sniffed at my coffee. Then, I watched in absolute horror as he sneezed directly in to my freshly-poured, used the last of the half and half so I'd better not spill it, mug. I was so pissed. I can't wait until he's big enough that he can't finagle his way around everywhere so easily.

Gwen was so surprised this morning when Mike came over to do things for the day. She didn't know he was coming over. I asked her yesterday if she wanted to go to breakfast this morning, and she said yes, not knowing that Mike was going to come by. The look on her face was priceless when she walked in to the living room and saw him sitting there. They went out and I cleaned the apartment a bit and watched some of the Ravens game.

I need a new bag, one of those re-load deals that I can throw over either shoulder. They're expensive, so probably won't go with one of those, but something like that. I don't like using the two-strap book bags, but lately my neck has been hurting a ton. I am fairly convinced that it is because I use a bag from GAP that only goes over the right shoulder; no switching. I like it, but it doesn't hold all that much and I'm pretty sure it's wreaking havoc on my neck.

It's god awfully cold in Philadelphia now, and I love it. I love having to wear a sweatshirt inside; I love getting to work and being out of breath from the cold. Now, if the Eagles would stop tormenting their fans with playoff pipe dreams, this would be a great winter.

Do you think that the Coors light commercials where the dudes are in the audience at a 'press conference' are staged? I think so, because behind Dick Vermeil and Bill Walsh the background is the same. Also, I think that there is not enough noise to convince me that it's a real press conference. Usually when you watch one of those on TV, there is some background chatter, and in the commercials there isn't, only the sound of cameras clicking. I mean, I know the part with the guys with beers are staged, but the coach answering questions is up in the air.

I need one of these wallets sooo bad. Seriously. One of the best lines from that movie:
Jules: Now I want you to go into that bag and find my wallet.
Ringo: Which one is it?
Jules: It’s the one that says, “Bad Mother Fucker.”
So I stumbled on this page, and it's pretty much the best thing ever. The one he had in the movie was printed, but the large stitched one on the site looks so great.

I caught up Kati this weekend, who I haven't seen nor spoken to in so long. Too long, really. I'm glad I did, and I'm glad I have someone who was such a good friend all through high school back in my life. It was nice to be able to catch up over a pot of coffee and be adults, as odd as that sounds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home