01 February, 2007

We flip the bird while smoking...

Best news story of the year. If you don't know the deal already read it and then come back. I'll wait.

But yeah, how good is this $300 advertising campaign doing now? It's on every news station and in every paper. It's all over pretty much every blog...including this one. I read about it in the Philly Metro this morning and nearly spilt my coffee laughing.

Turner Broadcasting won't pitch in for their court cost? Bollocks! That's ridiculous, they're going to get so many people tuning in tonight for ATHF just to see what the hell it's all about. I know I'm planning on it; I hope they run an episode with these two glyphs.

James and Gregg both touched on it, so check out their blogs for better commentary. James lives in Boston and experienced the widespread panic firsthand. I bet it was fun. He should have done some looting, too. You know, in addition to raiding the Cumbies for staples like bread and milk.

Funny video from Boston about the whole thing here. Watch as this reporter tries to take herself seriously. Oh, and watching the lawyer say they were "nervous" was pure comedic gold. These two are pretty much the ballsiest dudes out there right now.

I don't really want to drink coffee made by the same guy who made Eraserhead. Just sayin...

Imagine this kids horror if he has to go to court and they present the list of truly awful things he downloaded when he was 11. I can't imagine having to face a judge and say, in honesty, that I did indeed download several Korn songs for my personal use.

I am buying this for some folks I know. They'll know why. Shit's crazy, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Damn right I was there, PEOPLE WERE SHITTING OUT THEIR MOUTHS!

...but seriously, the only one I knew that was in full-scale panic mode was McGeary, so you know.

6:11 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger j. leo said...

They would have offically became my favorite people ever if, in their official defense, they said something like, "On the moon, all our advertisements are dangerous.... they're so dangerous that the so-called avertising wars have become quite literal.

(err) YEAH! IT'S FOR REAL!"

I hope AS releases a statement like this, kinda like how Sacha Baron Cohen responded to initial Borat complaints in character.

9:10 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger S'orlok Reaves said...

When a reporter accused them of not taking the situation seriously, Stevens responded, "We're taking it very seriously." Asked another question about the case, Stevens reiterated they were answering questions only about hair and accused the reporter of not taking him and Berdovsky seriously.

Possibly the best way to treat the media when, really, there's nothing to say.

4:51 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Adam said...

This whole incident is too funny. I have been to Boston more times than I am willing to admit and none of this surprises me. The whole establishment up there looks silly. I wonder if Joe Biden wants to weigh in on this, as he can't seem to keep his fat mouth shut on anything. By the way, swing by The Jack Sack today, I threw a little tribute up to the Mooninites that I think you'd get a kick out of.

I won't link cuz you already no the addy :)

9:02 AM, February 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home