26 April, 2007

At least it wasn't securely shredded


Know what sucks? When you spend a few days getting all your old files archived correctly, all cleaned up and the like on your external drive, and then you delete them all. As in everything. Wiped clean.

Then you spend money on a data recovery program (FileSalvage) which is supposed to be the best for Macs, you let it run for three straight hours and see all the files that you lost back again, then the program "quits unexpectedly" before you can recover them. Then you spend three more hours scanning and it happens again.

That's pretty frustrating, especially seeing the files and knowing that they're still there.

I hope tat tech support :shudder:: is able to fix this program glitch, or else I'm going to be really pissed. Five and a half seasons of 24 and years worth of pictures kind of pissed.

6 Comments:

Blogger S'orlok Reaves said...

Heh, I guess that comic I sent you came at a tragically ironic time.

I'd imagine tech support could handle it just fine. Or, for your sake, I hope so.

The real question is, will this cause you to back up your files in the future, and if so, how long will this trend last?

blhrv = But Lou hates red vans!

2:38 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Lou said...

Seth, the files I deleted were the archive. They were on my external drive, not my hard disc, which is why I'm so frustrated.

3:16 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Sassafras H. Wilmington said...

that sucks a chode, you should rock an external hardrive in the future to avoid accidents like that... because you know, I'm a tech god nowadays...

*eats a bullet*

7:25 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger Lou said...

For fuck's sake stop telling me to get an external drive. I HAVE ONE.

From the post, a direct quote:

"When you spend a few days getting all your old files archived correctly, all cleaned up and the like on your external drive"

I deleted my backup (on the external), and the original (on my hard drive) at the same time by accident while I was backing stuff up.

7:34 PM, April 27, 2007  
Blogger S'orlok Reaves said...

Ooh, I see. So what you really need is a face for your keyboard that can say "Stop!" in the nick of time.

upkvwot = Upon proof, Kami vowed to work on time.

7:01 PM, April 29, 2007  
Blogger Hello from Julia said...

I feel your pain. I just went through this two days ago. All I can recommend is picking up an external. I got a G drive at the Apple store and I'm very happy with it. So far, so good.

8:14 PM, May 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home