27 May, 2007

Avoiding technology for fun and profit

In the middle of the woods in Rhode Island, there isn't much going on, aside from work and sleep. Not much writing here either, obviously.

Some news: Found an apartment in Providence, at Valley St. & Atwells Ave. It's a two-bedroom with all utilities included for a little more than what Gwen and I pay now (including the utility bills.) The place sits next to a park, but is only a few minutes walk from the main drag in Federal Hill, and a few minutes more to Downtown. And we can start moving stuff in on June 1st.

Moving is pretty exciting, and I think Gwen is really going to like the apartment. It has a lot of space, and a lot of neat angles to the rooms since it's on the top floor. The floors are all hardwood, and there is a lot of natural light, especially in the kitchen where there is a large window overlooking the park. The cats will certainly love it if nothing else.

I've been working for three weeks now, mostly fixing tent platforms and bunks, mowing, spreading wood chips and various other maintenance activities befitting of a scout camp. And that's about it. Been to Wal Mart twice, but that's about the only excitement, really. That and the various locals at the 'other' bar within 10 miles of camp.

I'm currently in Philly for Memorial Day weekend, seeing Gwen and the cats. It's nice to be somewhere different with air conditioning and cable television. I think something fishy is going on though as Gwen told me to go ahead and put on the baseball game this evening (edit: she changed it to fat surgery when I went to the bathroom.) Other than that, I'll be in Rhode Island watching my fantasy baseball team slowly flush itself down the toilet. Updates may be sporadic at best; maybe I'll do a little series on the regulars at the bar, who dominate so much of the conversation between the other guys working pre-camp and myself.

Note to Chelsey: Frezza is being good. He said you read this sometimes, so I figured I'd let you know.

2 Comments:

Blogger S'orlok Reaves said...

Man, you're living right next to where I used to work. There's some good eatin' over there.

gzvcd = General Zod's VCDs

2:34 AM, May 28, 2007  
Blogger Oy Vey said...

Glad to hear you're doing well.

SFG and I watched that fat surgery show. It was awesome.

9:10 PM, May 31, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home