07 March, 2008

Jane Goodall on location

The other day at the gym, I had the pleasure of toiling on the eliptical next to one of nature's unfortunates: the emo gorilla. Granted, it's not out of the ordinary to see new faces at the gym every now and again, especially after the new year begins. It tends to bring out the resolution fatties who toil for a week or two before sliding back down the slippery slope of powdered sugar mini-donuts. However, it's not often an emo gorilla graces a family Gym in Cumberland, RI as far as I've been able to tell. I had to investigate further.

She was a stereotypical gorilla, with the glasses and black hair artfully aligned to where I imagine her jaw line would be were it not obscured by plump. Of course there was also the monroe piercing, barely distinguishable from the last desperate strains of her teenage acne. She had pink stretch pants on, with the "juicy" gothic text across the posterior. Who doesn't love that? (Hint: me.)

The best part of her gym attire, outside of the iPod touch with the post punk cranked up to 9, was her shirt. Barely covering her most obvious asset, her black T displayed a fondness for what I imagine to be a Danzig cover band. Just below the skull on the back of the shirt was the following text:

"See your Hell."

"Yeah," I thought to myself as I stepped off of the eliptical. "Pretty much."

The moral of the story is that listening to post punk weakens your resolve to follow a diet of less than 3,000 calories a day.

That's all I got.

5 Comments:

Blogger S'orlok Reaves said...

Haha, amazing story. I can't imagine your luck. ;)

cpvrl = Can poodles veer right and left?

4:15 AM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Sara said...

I love the way you write. That story was so entertaining.

3:13 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger TR said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
EMO GORILLA!
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

4:27 PM, April 17, 2008  
Blogger Sassafras H. Wilmington said...

Work it!!

5:30 PM, April 21, 2008  
Anonymous Randy Pfeil said...

Noticing the shirt on the "gorilla" in the picture I just have to say, Insane Clown Posse is theee worst group ever. Forever.

2:09 PM, December 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home